Pages

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Version 2.0

By the Old Gods and the New, it's been a while! So where was I?

Most bloggers give it up after a little while and to be honest, I was well on my way to becoming just another statistic. I had grown tired of the look of the blog so as an amateur designer, I was in no way motivated to work on something I thought looked ugly. Then excuse after excuse piled on and... well, you all know how it is. But today sparked something in me. Spite? Kind of, but not really. More like determination. I got very mad while having a casual conversation with someone today, and it got me thinking about getting back to this blog. The new logo and the colour palette came together in no time (which to me was a sign that it was time). Visually, the site is going to get minor upgrades over the next little while, but for the most part this is The UnParent's new look. That's just the beginning.

I've found some really good sources of information and entertainment, much of which revolves around the stigma of being child free. But there's also lots of hilarious stories, comics, personal anecdotes, rants, thought provoking prose and, unfortunately, the occasional post where I will have to lace up my virtual combat boots and go to war with the Breeders.

So there you have it. Those of you who are still around to start reading my work again are officially my favourite people. I will try very hard not to abandon you again. I already have half a dozen topics that occurred to me while writing this post alone, so I have no excuse.

In a nutshell, I'm back and I'm going to be louder than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment